Here is another super immune boosting shake with the super nutrient spirulina.
- large handful of organic power greens (mix of baby kale and baby spinach)
- 1.5 - 2 c frozen organic mangos (or pineapple)
- 1 scoop vanilla or unflavored vegetable protein powder (I use Vanilla Sunwarrior Organic Plant-Based Protein powder. You can use any protein powder, just make sure no sugar is added)
- 1 T spirulina powder
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 2 T organic coconut oil (optional)
- Stevia to taste
- Water (as needed, preferably filtered)
Put all in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into mason jars.
You can play with this recipe, trying different variations of fresh and frozen fruit, almond milk etc. Try to use organic when possible since pesticides and chemicals can impact your immune system. Avoid gluten, dairy, soy and sugar as they can increase inflammation.